So it's been an incredibly long time since I've posted... life has been very crazy with work and getting the house ready to put on the market and looking for/starting a second job. Honestly I haven't had much to say and most of you have heard my ranting and raving about how angry I am with the racist people in my life. It's also amazing how God has totally changed our plans for the next stage in our life. At the end of my school contract Justin and I will be moving back to Hobbs, NM, the town where I grew up and my parents still live. I never thought in a million years that I would go back (one reason I attended college 12 hours away from home). I think God definitely has a sense of humor.
A few things I AM looking forward to:
* having people to speak Spanish with (Justin says he wants to learn, but it's hard to have a conversation with someone who can only say "hola!" and "como te lammo?")
* REAL MEXICAN FOOD- my mouth waters just thinking about it
* the realness of people- of course this doesn't apply to everyone, but it is frustrating to live with all the gossip (disguised as prayer requests), people who are deeply religious, but not relational
* desert rain- it smells incredible and is nothing like the yucky, sticky stuff we get here
* sunsets- without trees you can see parts of the sky you never knew existed
* being 3 hours away from the real mountains and 4 from the Rockies
I know God has a plan for us there and the more I pray about it, the more I believe it may be for my own parents. I suppose we will see...