So since I love to cook- I've decided to add a recipe of the week day to my blog. Feel free to copy any of these recipes and let me know how you liked em. Happy Cooking!
This is one of my husband's favorite breakfast recipes and it's got lots of options depending on what your family likes.
Green Chile breakfast casserole
6 fresh roasted green chiles or if you don't have these where you live you can use canned green chile- 1 large cans or 3 small cans + 2 finely chopped jalapenos
1 block Neufantel cheese (or 1/3 less fat cream cheese) softened
1lb turkey sausage (or if you must, pork sausage)
3/4 cup colby jack shredded cheese
salt and pepper to season
*options... meat can be left out as well as the jalapenos (but if you're using canned green chile you'll really need something to give it a little spice)
Preheat oven to 350 and spray a large casserole dish with Pam
1. Brown sausage on stovetop and drain off fat.
2. Blend 12 eggs with cream cheese, shredded cheese, a dash of salt and pepper, and chiles on medium low with hand mixer or stand mixer
3. Add in sausage and pour into casserole
4. Bake for 30-40 minutes... until eggs are firm and casserole starts to brown
5. Allow to cool for about 5-10 minutes and serve plain or with salsa.